Unit 2 Library
I unfortunately was home last class during our excursion to
the library for a religious observance and returned late Monday night so I was
unable to check out materials, so I went to the library at a later date and
updated this post as advised. I will use this space to discuss the rest of the
prompt and talk about my relationship with the library. Growing up I would go
to the library often as any young child would as my parents loves to encourage
it. As I got older I stayed away from the library as I just got more used to
using technology as my sources for information. As this became a norm for me I
was seldom seen anywhere near a library. It came to the point where it was not
just because it was simpler to use technology but it the library became a place
where I felt uncomfortable and unwelcomed. I was afraid of the librarians as
they tended to never be friendly and I never understood the filing system for
books. I just decided to stick to keeping the information quick and at my
fingertips on my laptop. Even to this day I stay far from the library. As most
students use it as a place for study in college, this year alone I stepped foot
in bird library under five times. The only reasons for these visits were group
meetings and tutoring sessions where I could not get out of being in the
building. Brick-and-mortar libraries are something that I don’t enjoy because I
know it is far simpler to get access to all of the same information right from
my room where I can look up anything I would like to know.
Comments
Post a Comment