Graphic Novels


We went to the library again to check out some text. This time the class honed in on graphic novels. The graphic novel I chose to check out is called, "The Complete Peanuts 1959 to 1960" by Charles M. Schulz. You could say that a graphic novel is like technology because both of them can be used as tools. Reading this graphic novel gave me a whole new experience reading as I have never read one before. It was a bit strange to adjust to but I don’t mind it. I like all the little blocks of text and all of the graphics involved which makes it a smoother read. The Complete Peanuts 1959 to 1960 opens up with Lucy saying to Linus, "this is a list I made up of all your faults." ( Schulz 1) This instantly sparked a technology relationship in my head. Technology is meant to fix a problem and to do this you have to figure out what is going wrong. Lucy clearly did this for Linus and wrote it up and handed it to him. They then begin to work on flaws and fix them as would a piece of technology. Aside from this text example, novels, graphic novels and comic strips are all a means of getting information across. That is exactly what technology today does as well. Additionally, its interesting to see how the ways in which people would read these different texts on paper can now read them via technology aka online.


Comments